COIT CREATIVE ARTS
Consider Coit Creative Arts for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You believe your child will benefit from a proven program that integrates visual and performing arts in a rigorous curriculum.
- You see star power in your child!
AVAILABLE AT COIT
Coit Creative Arts is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- The Coit partnership with Kent School Services Network makes it a “community school” that provides eligible parents and students with access to in- house health and social services to ensure that children are physically, emotionally and socially prepared to learn.
EXCEL AT COIT
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Coit is in the top 5% of all Michigan schools on combined measures of student achievement and growth over time. Students learn through:
- Visual arts: draw, paint, and sculpt
- Music: explore melodies and harmonies with voice and song
- Dance: experience movement from diverse traditions
- Performance: take the stage with drama, dance, music, rhythm and more
SCHOOL UNIFORMS: Students at Coit Creative Arts Academy follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
RULES, SAFETY, DISCIPLINE: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.