DICKINSON CULTURAL CENTER
Consider Diskinson for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You value the stability and consistency of a preschool-to-grade-8 community.
- You want a Spanish language requirement.
AVAILABLE AT DICKINSON
Dickinson Cultural Center is proud to offer:
- Seeds of Promise community support network
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- English as Second Language (ESL) services.
- Dickinson’s partnership with Kent School Services Network makes it a “community school” that provides eligible parents and students with access to in-house health and social services to ensure that children are physically, emotionally and socially prepared to learn.
Excel at DICKINSON
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Dickinson is building on it’s successes as a K-5 school to become a neighborhood theme PK-8 school. Students are showing significant academic gains each year. A strong partnership with Seeds of Promise provides additional support through mentoring, family programs, and educational activities for students.
SCHOOL UNIFORMS: Students at Dickinson follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
AFTER SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES: The LOOP program, available after school, offers academic support and enrichment along with recreational activities. Students also have the opportunity to participate in athletics.
RULES, SAFETY, DISCIPLINE: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.