Consider Ken-O-Sha Elementary for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment tailored to his or her special needs.
- You value the benefits of early identification and intervention.
- You value strong relationships with faculty and other parents.
AVAILABLE AT KEN-O-SHA ELEMENTARY
Ken-O-Sha ELEMENTARY Elementary is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- Grand Rapids Oral Deaf program.
- Support for Physically or Otherwise Health Impaired students.
Excel at KEN-O-SHA
Academic Excellence: Students achievement shows steady increases at almost every level and subject. Last year, Ken-OSha received a B grade from EdYes! and also met federal AYP educational standards.
A Great Family Feel: At Ken-O-Sha Elementary School, Community, parents, Staff and students work together to create a safe, special place for learners. Ken-O-Sha has excellent parent participation with 100% attendance at parent-teacher conferences. Families are encouraged to participate in many events such as LOOP, Fall and Spring Open House, and Parent Teacher Group (PTG).
School Uniforms: Students at Ken-O-Sha ELEMENTARY follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
Wide Range of Services: Ken-O-Sha provides special education services to children from all 20 school districts within Kent County, offering developmental evaluations, home- based services, parent/child intervention, and preschool classroom services.
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.