Consider Palmer Elementary for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You value a diverse learning environment for your child.
- You need a school for a student who speaks English as a second language.
- You value character-based education.
AVAILABLE AT PALMER
Palmer Elementary is proud to offer:
- Parent Teacher Community Council.
- English as Second Language services.
- Refugee Language Center.
- Palmer boasts a strong reading and everyday math instructional programs, and a great mentor-to-student ratio boosted by community partnerships, as well as college students from numerous area universities.
Excel at Palmer
Academic Excellence: Many Palmer students have met or exceeded state standards, and the school has met federal AYP educational standards.
School Uniforms: Students at Palmer follow a uniform dress code, which removes distractions from the classroom, promotes community, and provides a cost saving to families.
All-Day Kindergarten and Preschool: Palmer is proud to offer all-day kindergarten and preschool a benefit and service for students and parents.
Language Center for English Language Learners:
Palmer offers a specialized language center for English Language learners, who are taught by talented staff who use a variety of teaching strategies to help all students reach and exceed academic goals.
Rules, Safety, Discipline: All GRPS schools provide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS is a proactive, team-based framework for creating and sustaining safe and effective schools. Educators emphasize prevention of problem behavior, development of pro-social skills, and the use of data-based problem solving for addressing existing behavior concerns. The result is a fair, firm and consistent approach to rules, safety, and discipline.